Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Start of Something New

Today marks the beginning of the best adventure of my life.

After I got selected to be a part of the Yale program, I had to do many things as part of the ILC - complete my application to Yale, start my reading, etc., and though it has been a totally unique and different experience, I feel like today's tutorial was the most exciting of all. Before, everything just felt surreal; I felt like the summer was just too far away to start thinking about, much less get excited about. Today, I learned how wrong I really was.

The tutorial was informative in so many different ways. I was taught the proper blogging etiquette and I was given more information of what was expected of me when I am back east. I learned more about the formal dinners and events that I will be attending in a couple of months. Most importantly, the tutorial, served as a sort of wake up call. I was gently reminded through all the talk about the intricate little details that summer was not as far away as I thought it was. 

And with that, I am proud to say that I am completely inundated with new found excitement and joy for the summer. I am sure that this summer will be even better than I imagine it to be - I can't wait!



1 comment:

  1. Yes, Tanya, it's real. It's not a dream. You really do get to read 3900 pages before you head to the airport; you really do get to spend 12-14 hours per day for 16 days straight in a class while at Yale and yes, you really do get to blog for us. It does not get any more real than this.

    By the way, nice photo.

    ReplyDelete