Saturday, July 21, 2012

Look! It's a bird, it's a plane, no its Yale!

In a few hours, my cohorts and I will meet up at El Cerrito High School. From there on, we will begin our journey to the east coast. Nevertheless, the following days up until now has already been a journey itself. 

I began my day preparing for my flight. This is my first time boarding a plane so packing a luggage is a new experience for me. I had a hard time deciding what to put in my checked luggage, and what to put in my carry-on. The hassle was, however, quiet fun. It took me a while to collect my necessities(for Yale), my books, and more importantly my overall self and thoughts to prepare for this 20 day trip.  A bad expectation I would say is the lack of sleep. Otherwise I have nothing but good expectations.

Time passes by really fast. It doesn't seem that the selection process was several months ago. Now, I'm checking my luggage and making sure I have everything I need. Although I'm pretty sure that I will forget something, that's just life. Anyway, I'm really excited for this journey. I hope all goes well and I'm truly anticipating that moment when I arrive at the footsteps of Yale and its dormitory. 

"One must learn by doing the thing, for though you think you know it, you have no certainty until you try"-Aristotle.


1 comment:

  1. Roger,

    Shame on you. By my count you wrote this blog with just 4 hours before you’re supposed to be at ECHS. This tells me that for sure and for certain you’re going to be one very tired person when you get on that plane.

    I’m writing this as I wait for the water to boil for my cup of tea to take to ECHS in a few minutes so I can send you off. I know how tired you must be because I went to bed after you wrote this and I’m dog tired. The big difference is that after I send you off and post my own blog, I can go back to bed because I have no obligations past that. You, on the other hand, have a bout six weeks worth of activities scheduled for the next 20 days. One of us is in big trouble, Roger, and I know it’s not going to be me. :-)

    BUT, this is a part of the whole ILC experience. One of the things we try to teach you is Time Management. Some of you embrace it like a long lost friend while others of you push it away as if it has cooties. With any luck, Roger, you’ll learn to like cooties and will master some of those Time Management skills. I know I can use a little help with those, too.

    ReplyDelete