Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ready, Set...

In roughly twenty-four hours, I, along with my cohort, will be embarking on our trip from El Cerrito High School to the east coast.

The weeks that have been leading up to this moment were filled with hours of preparation for the course we will be taking, in addition to carrying out responsibilities I hold in my school's affairs.

We will be perusing the east coast for three weeks, and in the meantime, events such as Freshmen Orientation will be taking place here at home. I understand that though my presence will be lacking, it is within the realms of my duty as part of our student government to ensure that things run smoothly.

The school year has barely begun, yet I find this summer full of things to do than ever before, from bracing myself for college applications, to planning campus clean-ups and other school-wide events. I'm still figuring out how to be an effective, able leader.

I recall being asked a few months back regarding what I hoped to gain from the Grand Strategies course. The answer is succinct, yet abstruse: I want to become a leader. Whether the ideal leader is Machiavelli's Prince or George F. Kennan's character has yet to be determined.

The clock is ticking.


No comments:

Post a Comment