Monday, August 27, 2012

The Advantages Continue

Yesterday, I woke up bright and early. This situation is an anomaly for two reasons: one was that I woke up so early on a Sunday and two was that I was genuinely really excited for the rest of the day.

My mother and I went to El Cerrito Plaza BART station to meet up with the other ILC students, Don, Mr. Ramsey, and others to drive to the Olympic Club to meet up with our respective mentors. Immediately after we arrived at the Olympic Club, we were introduced to and encouraged to talk to representatives from either Brown or Yale. I found that everyone was more than willing to share their experiences and give their two-sense about the whole college application process.

We then ate brunch with a table filled with Yale alums (because I chose to have a Yale mentor) who were so enthusiastic about talking to us. Talking to them really calmed me down as I was already getting overwhelmed by the application process. As my anxiety faded, I felt a new wave of excitement as reality really sunk into me.

When I applied to be a part of Ivy League Connection, I had no idea that I would be a part of such a wonderful opportunity. I would like to express my gratitude for Mr. Ramsey for organizing this event and giving me the chance to have a mentor to guide me through my application process. Also, I would like to thank Mr. Izzy Ramsey for allowing us to meet in such a beautiful location.

No comments:

Post a Comment